Sunday, 16 November 2014

11. Lock-Up Stage

Paint & Flooring

14-Sep-14: Huge amount of progress on this visit, it's really taking shape.
  1. Driveway done
  2. Garage door is in.
  3. Front render is on. First colour done but 2nd colour still to come.
  4. Front door in place.
  5. All painting is done, although recoats are needed in some areas due to scrapes etc done by tradies afterwards,
  6. Floors are in.
  7. Tiling completed in bathrooms.
  8. Benchtops are in.
  9. Downpipes in place.
  10. Electrical wall points done, albeit requiring rework.


The two pillars will be painted to match the guttering. The driveway is actually almost black, much darker than it appears n this shot.

Paint Colours

This was the first time I got to see my paint & colour selections in the flesh. The main wall colour is 'Cold Steel'. The floors are the same throughout, apart from tiling in the bathrooms & laundrey. I'm allergic to dust mite so no carpet anywhere. (And yes, I will still want you to remove your shoes - spent too much time in India to let go of that habit.)
Front room - Home Office Living/Dining
Cupboard doors waiting for install Living area looking toward dining. The switches & powepoints should be black, so they need to be replaced.
Music Room Bedroom 3
Different colour to other rooms, this one is 'coalmine'. It is a huge room - soundproofing in th walls. Powerpoints have to be fixed, there should be two quad pointsper wall (can never have too many when you have gear to turn on). Paint colour in the small bedrooms is Solver 'Hunt'. It's got more of a greenish tinge than expected from the samples.

Bathrooms

En Suite WIR & En Suite
Tiles need a good clean but you get the idea. The other bathroom is the same colour & tile selection. I'll have some shelving to do in the WIR after moving in. Haven't much of a clue how to do this yet.

Kitchen

Bench with range-hood & splashback in.Powerpoints should be black, upper cupboards will be the same as below. Walk-In-Pantry, fridge space on right. Benchtops are Ceaserstone 'Osprey'.
Yes, it is pretty purple, isn't it? Stronger than I expected from the tiny sample card but I think it will work with some matching pieces elsewhere inthe room. Kitchen view to living area. No, the bath isn't staying - it's cracked & waiting for a replacement.

Overall, I'm really happy with the colours. Floors look great and laminate flooring doesn't feel anywhere near as springy as it used to a few years ago. I love the tiles in the bathroom, the blue walls look just as I'd pictured them. Still unsure about so much purple in the kitchen but I expect it will not be so bold once everything else is in place. The big slab of white door on the pantry isn't something I thought about & some paint may be in order to not have it be such a feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment